Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold Kim has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Harold Kim is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
My actual problem was a bile duct tear. His diagnosis was constipation. Even though the tests he ordered came back normal, he didn't bother to listen to me or assess me very well and order different tests. He was indifferent, nonchalant, noncaring, and didn't bother to listen. In other words, incompetent. He is a liability to the hospital. I will never use Baptist East emergency room again because of him.
I went to the emergency room with numbness on my left side. I have a history of strokes so per instructions from neurologist I always go to the emergency room whenever I have any symptoms. This man, Harold Kim, didn't listen to anything I said. He continued to question me like I didn't know what I was talking about. THEN, he prescribed pain medication which I can not take since I am already on seizure medication as well as other medication. I gave a complete list of all medication when I checked in but obviously he didn't bother to read any of my history. When the nurse brought the medications I explained that I could not take them. However, I was charged $10.80 for each pill which I refuse to pay for. If you ever go to Baptist Hospital and Harold Kim comes in, RUN!
Dr. Kim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Medical Center South
Prattville Baptist Hospital
9 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 2004
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions619 19th St S, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Harold Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.