Dr. Harold A Pincus has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychotic Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic, Cognitive Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Somatoform Disorders (Briquet's Syndrome)
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
43 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Harold A Pincus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.