Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold R Lewis has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 8
This office is the most unprofessional medical office I have ever been in or had dealings with in my 7 years in the medical field and my 50 years of using doctors. The office itself is very dirty, completely cluttered, he has no answering machine, works only three days/wk, is literally IMPOSSIBLE for patients or other medical offices to reach, especially in an emergency, and for even routine referral requests, and meticulously avoids accountability for any of these problems. The grossly unsanitary conditions of the office pose a major health hazard to the public. Medical records are not secure and are completely open to pilfering by anyone coming through the office. His office assistant is a clerical person, not a registered nurse. Parts of the office are used for non-medical storage items. Even the furniture and picture frames are chipped, banged up and discolored reflecting years of neglect. Dr Lewis is a decent man and his part-time staff person is pleasant enough but this is the filthiest, worst-run medical office I have ever seen. It seems to reflect a doctor who is completely indifferent to cleanliness, orderliness or proper standards of patient care. Even the bathroom was filthy. This raises serious questions about the quality of care and even the medical judgement of this physician. Stay away from this practice!!!
A cardiologist? By no means. How this man continues to "practice" medicine is beyond comprehension. Yes, he has a nice smile (forced) and an office (see for yourself), but he does not know anything about his "specialty." His main focus is billing Medicare!! Don't believe me? Observe for yourself. Without his current very elderly women (for the most part), who he pats and fawns over, he would be out of business - and it wouldn't be too soon!!
47 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Harold R Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOne Medical Parkway No 139, 1 Medical Pkwy Ste 139, Dallas, TX
Dr. Harold R Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.