Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harold F Roth has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 11
I have had mixed experiences with Dr. Roth and his office. When you actually get in to see him he does seem to generally care about your health and he does listen (this is not praise, this is how a Dr. should treat his patients ). He strikes me as an honest individual that cares about his patients. The problems with this Doctor's office comes when you have to deal with his staff. In the last 5 years I have never made less than 4 calls just to try and make an appointment. Staff are generally rude and treat patients like cattle no matter how polite you are. Clearly they are more interested in the volume of the patients through the door rather than offering good service. Not to mention the $20 dollar co-pay for walking through the door. After the first 2 years of using this doctor if I have a medical problem that I want looked at in a timely manner (under 2 weeks) I just go to ReadyCare. Due to the staff within his office and the apparently standard procedure of multiple office visits for each issue, it's just not worth the frustration to do anything but yearly checkups with him and even that can be tedious if you work a full-time job (see example below). As an example of how things work at this office, for yearly checkups his standard procedure is to have his patients make an appointment in which he talks to patients for about 5 minutes and then sends them to get a blood draw from one of the many medical centers around the area. Then the patient will need to make another appointment to discuss the results about a week later. This second appointment is the real appointment. This could be solved and save a lot of his patient's time if he would just write the initial blood draw request without needing to see the patient first, reducing the number of appointments by 1.
39 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Harold F Roth accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarold Franklin Roth Do, 1627 Lake Lansing Rd Ste 200, Lansing, MI
Dr. Harold F Roth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lansing, MI.