Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harold J Wanebo
Dr. Harold J Wanebo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woonsocket, RI, with another office in Providence, RI. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Wanebo is affiliated with Miriam Hospital, Roger Williams Medical Center and Landmark Medical Center. Dr. Wanebo has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Harold J Wanebo has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Harold J Wanebo has the following 34 expertise
- Stomach Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Pelvic Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Liver Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
- Breast Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Thyroid Cancer (Papillary Carcinoma)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Rectal Cancer
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Breast Cancer
- Soft Tissue Cancer
Dr. Harold J Wanebo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Operated in me about 15 years ago. Very Pleased.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harold J Wanebo - Posted on April 14th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harold J Wanebo - Posted on February 1st, 2013
an excellent personality
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harold J Wanebo - Posted on June 26th, 2012
World-renowned oncology surgeon that should sum it up!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harold J Wanebo - Posted on December 19th, 2011
He is a fantastic doctor who cares for his patients but also takes the time to know the patient and exactly what he is dealing with before going in. He studied at a college that is rank #4 in the country... I would highly recommend this doctor he saved someone extremely close to me twice when others thought she wouldn't make it she is still here with me today thankfully for his care, knowledge, and attentiveness.
DR WANEBO IS THE BEST DR. I HAVE EVER HAD
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harold J Wanebo - Posted on September 13th, 2011
SR WANEBO EXAMINED ME, OPERATED, BIOPSIED AND DIAGNOSES ME ALL WITHIN 1 WEEK. HE IS CARING, COMPASSIONATE BUT MOAT OF ALL EXTREMELY COMPETENT AND CARES ABOUT US AS INDIVIDUALS....NOT JUST PATIENTS. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR WANEBO TO ANYONE. THANK YOU DR WANEBO.....YOU SAVED AND/OR EXTENDED MY LIFE
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Wanebo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
New York University
Dr. Harold J Wanebo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harold J Wanebo, MD - Surgery in Woonsocket, RI, in this video.
Dr. Harold J Wanebo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Woonsocket, RI.