Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harriet Cokely
Dr. Harriet Cokely, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. She has 46 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Cokely is affiliated with Saint John's Health Center, Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center and John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus. Dr. Cokely has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Harriet Cokely has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Harriet Cokely is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I took my son to Dr. Cokely for several years for support for his ADHD. She probably knows what she's doing, but she clearly had categorized my son as a certain kind of person, and criticized him for his weight every visit. I finally yanked him from her care when he was in middle school and, when she asked him what he wanted to do when he was gown and he answered, "Play for the NFL," she scoffed and said, "You have more of a chance of being struck by lightning than ever making that happen." He was livid and so was I. I did not bring my son to her for a referendum on his life dreams and she was completely out of line in her response. She is a cold person and no one who should be dialoguing with children with neurological issues who already don't have a particularly high opinion of themselves and their futures. Proceed carefully with her or look elsewhere.
Dr. Cokely has been my Neurologist for over 2+ decades; initially, for what appeared might be excruciatingly painful migraines but that did not respond to any pain meds ~ Dr. Cokely researched all symptoms, scans, and diagnosed Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia (rare: only 100 people in a million suffer from this neurological disorder; so most doctors have never heard of it). But she sleuthed out/researched all clues, like Sherlock Holmes, and discovered this rare disorder, prescribing the perfect medicine to combat any recurrence; carry the med with me at all times, but sieges have lessened, nipped in the bud, sometimes in remission . . . and I thank God, and Dr. Cokely for CARING so much, to find mysterious, hidden and rare diagnosis afflicting her patient (ATN is called "suicide disorder" due to electrical voltage flooding whole cranium). I haven't words to express my gratitude for her kind heart and expertise. You could not be in better hands, trusting her.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2012, 2013)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors ()
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cokely is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint John's Health Center
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital
University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center
St. John's Hospital & Health Center
46 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Harriet Cokely accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHarriet T Cokely MD Inc, 2222 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harriet Cokely in this video.
Dr. Harriet Cokely is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.