Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harriet Kluger
Dr. Harriet Kluger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kluger is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital and Department Of Veterans` AffairsVeterans` Home And Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Harriet Kluger has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Breast Cancer
- Lymphatic Metastasis
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
She is insensitive and rude, often late to patient appointments and ignoring concerns I have for particular treatments. I have not felt supported or taken care of by her or the staff at Yale. Will be finding a new oncologist who actually pays attention and is in the moment. Harriet Kluger makes it all too obvious that she is trying to maximize the number of patients she sees in her clinic (for a bigger bonus perhaps?) rather than provide the best care possible.
Dr. Kluger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Department Of Veterans` AffairsVeterans` Home And Hospital
22 Years Experience
Sackler School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Harriet Kluger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYale School of Medicine, 800 Howard Ave, New Haven, CT
Dr. Harriet Kluger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.