Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harris Effron
Dr. Harris Effron, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Effron is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center and Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego. He speaks English.
Dr. Harris Effron has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I was anxious to see Dr. Efron after reading a review from a disatisfied patient's family member. My anxiety rapidly disappeared after meeting him. He was very calm, asked me some background questions and, most importantly, LISTENED to what I had to say. He reviewed test results, took even more, and then sat with my daughter and me to explain those results. I felt completely confident and comfortable with his manner and diagnosis. I would highly recommend Dr. Efron.
Dr. Effron deliberately delayed a scheduled heart surgery for my mother, because he was miffed that Scripps made the apppointment for surgery and he didn't. He had recommended the surgery. So instead of having the surgery w/i 1 week of a visit to the heart surgeon, Dr. Effron cancelled the appt. and demanded that my very sick mother appear in his office at Kaiser w/i a 4 week time period. This time was vital, as it could have saved her life to have surgery. Instead, this selfish, uncaring, and cruel Dr. Effron berated her and told her if she had problems to go to the emergency room. Eventually, she had to go to the emergency room, where they deliberately, again, delayed her surgery and simply waited for her to die. Dr. Effron is a menace and should not be allowed to practice medicine. An interesting note is that all the other cardiologists and the heart sugeon we spoke with at Scripps acknowledged the coarse and abusive manner of Dr. Effron, yet said there was nothing to be done about this bully. Do not hire this doctor is you want to live.
Dr. Effron is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Health System
38 Years Experience
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Harris Effron accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4647 Zion Ave, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harris Effron in this video.
Dr. Harris Effron is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.