Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harris M Galkin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Gaskin's staff was much more pleasant than he was. He made a really rude remark to me while asking about my general medical history. Then he told me I had a heart murmur which surprised me, but in his report to my doctor he had noted that there was no murmur, which I didn't understand. My primary care doctor was also confused and did not hear said " heart murmur". In general Dr. Gaskin's attitude was very snarky and quite unpleasant. I walked out of the office uncomfortable about the whole appointment. The aspect of my visit which particularly bothered me is that no one from the office called with the results of the diagnostic imaging I had to do after seeing him. I had asked prior to leaving his office, if someone would follow up with me concerning the results and was assured that they would. They would let me know even if it was negative. When I didn't hear from him, I called his office on Friday and the receptionist said she would put the results with a message to call me on his desk. I explained that I had had cancer previously and waiting on the test results was quite stressful. I knew the imaging center had sent them to Dr. Gaskin on the day they were done (a Wed), as I had followed up with them. The next Tuesday afternoon (almost a week!!) I got the results from the imaging center myself and although it was negative, there were several questions I had about the results. It is now almost three weeks since the test and I assume no one will be calling to follow up. I will be seeing my primary care doctor this week and I am sure he will explain the results to me. Dr. Gaskin is a doctor that I would never return to and I most certainly would not recommend him to any patient who likes to be treated respectfully. Going to a doctor with a possible health issue is stressful enough without having the doctor add to the stress.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2010, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1978
Women And Infants Hospital
Dr. Harris M Galkin accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Ob/Gyn, 450 Veterans Memorial Pkwy Ste 401, East Providence, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harris M Galkin in this video.
Dr. Harris M Galkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Providence, RI.