Dr. Harris Gellman Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Harris Gellman?

Outstanding Orthopedic Hand Surgeon

As a physician, I feel more than qualified to render an opinion about Dr. Gellman and the care he provided me. I underwent cubital tunnel release surgery under the care of Dr. Gellman on 10/25/2017. His outstanding reputation within the medical community is both true and well deserved. My own surgery has led to significant improvement in less than 24 hours and with significantly less pain than I expected. I highly recommend him for his medical knowledge, surgical expertise, and bedside manner. Hopefully I will not require any future surgery, but if I do, I will return to his care without any hesitation.

Waited two hours past my appt time (the office does encourage you to call to see how far behind he is running), and was then told I must have a xray done in the office before Dr. Gellman would see me. I explained that #1)My insurance doesn't pay for xrays unless they are done in a Broward Health facility, and 2) His fee of $25.00 is $15.00 MORE than the co-pay I would pay under my plan and 3) what I am coming in for may not NEED an xray. After speaking to Dr. Gellman the young lady informed me he would not see me without an xray. I got my $20.00 co-pay back and left. Had the office informed me of this policy I never would have made an appointment. One star is one too many.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that the patient doesn't understand that an X-ray is as important to an Orthopedic Hand Surgeon as an EKG is to a Cardiologist. I regularly find 12-15 diagnosed bone tumors each year. Having X-rays done at the time of the visit saves the patients a second trip to the radiologist. Most commonly we get special views that are not routinely done as part of the standard x-ray series. If we are informed that cost is an issue, accommodation can be made, Most importantly, the patient comes to the doctor for a diagnosis of their problem, if they knew what studies to do, and how to diagnose and treat their problem there would be no need to see a doctor.

Grateful person

He is a very good person and surgeon, and nice staff.

Excellent Doctor and staff!

It's been about 6 years since I've seen Dr Gellman. He was great with me. He saved my left hand when I had contracted an aggressive infection. Between his care and the daily wound therapy his office provided, I have no doubt about his concern for his patients.

He was very caring. I have small children and he was very understanding. He accomodated my schedule and did a great job on my surgery - no scar!

Dr. Gellman is an absolute professional! As a pianist, my hands are my livelihood and he protected them with a very conservative approach to my treatment. I was afraid and untrusting after a bad experience with another doctor, but Dr. Gellman turned my unfortunate situation around to be as painless as possible. I am so grateful for his expertise.

Excellent Surgeon and Physician

I fractured my wrist. The general orthopedist at the hospital did the best he could do at the time. He referred my to Dr. Gellman, and referred to him as the best hand surgeon he had ever met. I was in pain, had nerve damage and my wrist was deformed. After I had surgery with Dr Gellman my wrist and hand are good as new. Thank you Dr Gellman.

Excellent Doctor

I have read other reviews here and I can say they really do not reflect my experience with Dr. Gellman, He was caring and kind. I had been to other doctors for the same problem but he was the only one who actually took the time to figure out what was wrong with my wrist.

He questioned as to whether the pain that I had was "legitimate". He made this weird analogy that "Just because you see a red fire engine doesn't mean there is a fire." He thought that my pain that I had was due to an accident that involved my wrist. If he had taken the time to check my elbow, he would have found that the ulnar nerve had been crushed in my cubital tunnel.

Excellent!

Excellent!

What an exceptional Doctor, specializing in hands...Dr. Gellman knows his stuff, takes his time and has an excellent reputation and bedside manner. He treated my son and couldn't have been better!

Nasty guy

Dr. Harris Gellman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coral Springs, FL.