Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harrison G Sims III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 25
I have been going to Dr. Sims since I moved here 3 years ago. My family connected easily with him and other Jan waiting we enjoyed the doctors office. Recently, I needed some paper work filled out and a physical for school that was extremely important. They were super careless with it and what was needed. They lost a paper, accused me of not following up with a test (which they gave me their copy as long as another for school) for which the nurse that accused me of not coming back had to stick me twice because she got it wrong. Forgot to do blood work while I was there the first time. I finally got my paperwork a couple weeks ago which they had for at least two months. Staff was rude and could care less. Easy to say we will be switching doctors offices.
Prescribes my mother the following for fibromyalgia in liu of less harmful and addictive medications.He prescribes her Oxycontin, Hydrocodone, Soma and Ambien and only God knows what else. He does not offer to prescribe her Cymbalta or any other alternative treatments that are not so addictive a nd harmful. He only wants that office monthly fee for the Oxycontin. I am in the process of reporting him to the DEA. I do not recommend this doctor. He is a family practioner. HE IS NOT A PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Dr. Harrison G Sims III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCovenant Family Medicine, 2620 Westside Dr NW, Cleveland, TN
Dr. Harrison G Sims III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, TN.