Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harry H Chen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Harry H Chen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Harry H Chen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I have been seeing Dr. Chen for about 10 years. He's been a great doctor to me and my daughter. My daughter has been getting seen by him since birth. He gives a comfortable atmosphere and it's very easy to talk to talk to him. He keeps up to date with bloodwork and following up after visit. The only thing is that the wait time can be about 45 minutes to an hour at times. I know the office is transitioning to updates and getting more organized as well. Overall Dr chen is great just the wait time can be lengthy.
I was having pain and discomfort in my abdomen. On top of that I was constapated and was really hard for me to pass anything. Dr. Chen had insured me that everything is fine, and that laxatives would help. He then dismissed me and I went home. A couple of months later I decided to get a second opinon from another doctor on my symptom, and got diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer! I'm advising everyone not to not see Dr.Chen. You have been warned!
I went to several Doctors, and they wanted to give me medications. But they did not give me reasons for my symptoms, I felt like I was being dismissed. Dr Chen took the time to find out my issues of all my pain and discomfort. I only wish I was able to go to him before wasting my time with the others.
I have been seeing one of the other doctors in this practice for about 15 years and love her. Even though their staff SUCKS. I had see Dr. Chen once or twice before when my normal p.c. was unavailable and was satisfied *enough* with his diagnosis and treatment but would not choose for him to be my normal doctor. One day I went in for very bad lower right side pain and he was the only one there. He diagnosed me with a "bad bladder infection" and sent me on my way with a prescription for a very strong antibiotic. After lots of work to get the antibiotic, I was reading the label and turns out I could NOT take it because I was breastfeeing. I called the office to double check, they were on the exchange, and my regular dr picked up. She confirmed that I could not take the meds and was very concerned with my symptoms. She sent me to the E.R. because NOW their office was closed, to get blood work and an ultrasound done. Hours and hours later, and multiple test, I was re-diagnosed with a leaking overran cyst. I now refuse to see Dr. Chen or let my children be seen by him. The sad part is that I know of several other people that have had bad, and similar, experience with him as well.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1998
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Harry H Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdventist Health Community Care, 119 S 6th St, Fowler, CA
Dr. Harry H Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fowler, CA.