Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harry Johnson
Dr. Harry Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Touro Infirmary and Ochsner Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Johnson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harry Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Harry Johnson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Johnson has been my doctor for 20 years. In all that time, I never had a single complaint. He is warm, friendly, and patient and always seems to genuinely care about my health. The woman who works at the front desk and handles his appointments, phone calls, etc. has been working there since I began seeing Dr Johnson in about 1994. It is never difficult to get an appointment and I have never spent much time in the waiting room or alone in the exam room. The times when I had to speak to Dr Johnson on the phone about a problem, he always returned my calls promptly. I couldn't speak more highly of him.
I have been a patient for over 25 years and have NEVER felt more comfortable or confident with any other physician. Caring, compationate and accessible summerizes his professional demeanor. I would strongly recommend Dr Johnson to anyone who longs for a physician who cares about his patients like they were family.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
40 Years Experience
University of Guadalajara, Mexico
Graduated in 1977
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Harry Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHarry D Johnson MD, 3525 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Harry Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.