Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harry K Daugherty Jr MD
Dr. Harry K Daugherty Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roanoke, VA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery, Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Pathology and Cytopathology. He speaks English.
Dr. Harry K Daugherty Jr has the following 4 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
Dr. Harry K Daugherty Jr has the following 35 expertise
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Pathologic Constriction
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Gunshot Wounds
- Blood Testing
- Lung Transplantation
- Fluid Testing
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Penetrating Wounds
- Myocardial Diseases
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Mycobacterium Infections
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Thoracic Injuries
- Aortic Rupture
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- Heart Transplantation
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Aortic Diseases
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Tissue Biopsy
- Vascular Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Coronary Disease
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Aortic Coarctation
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
21 Years Experience
- Univ Louisville
Dr. Harry K Daugherty Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Harry K Daugherty Jr's office for more information.
1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke, VA : (540) 581-0150
Locations & DirectionsDOMINION PATHOLOGY ASSOCIATES, 1906 Belleview Ave SE, Roanoke, VA
Dr. Harry K Daugherty Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.