Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harry H Pote Jr
Dr. Harry H Pote Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johnstown, PA, with another office in Johnstown, PA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Pote is affiliated with Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Pote has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Harry H Pote Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I feel that Dr. Pote is a personal friend and not just my Doctor. Every time I go to see him he makes the experience a good one. His staff as well are very kind and understanding to my needs, I would recommend him to anyone who is serious about their health, I don't know what I'd do if you weren't my doctor.
over the past 20 or so years,dr pote has taken cre of my mother and fathers need . he has also taken care of some of the needs of my family too when we were visiting johnstown. his staff is the greatest, and being in the navy and traveling i have seen quite a few. they treat you like family always looking out for you better interests. in recent years both of my parenets have passed away and even tho it was not thier field of medicne they kept up what was going on wtih them and kept the family (me) infomred in terms i could understand.there are no better people and drs that i know than dr pote and his staff.now that i am back in johnstown to stay, i will be useing for my wife and i untill its our time. thank you dr pote for careing so much.
Dr. Pote is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Temple University Health System
Dr. Harry H Pote Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harry H Pote Jr in this video.
Dr. Harry H Pote Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnstown, PA.