Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harry M Schrager
Dr. Harry M Schrager, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newton Lower Falls, MA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schrager is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, Nsmc Salem Hospital and Baystate Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Harry M Schrager has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Harry M Schrager has the following 10 expertise
- HIV Infections
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Harry M Schrager has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Harry M Schrager is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Bedside manner is terrible. He is located in a pediatrician's office, but he has absolutely no patience for children. My son and I went in for a joint visit and he snapped at my son more than once for being nervous about shots and was rude to both of us. I would have gotten up and walked out except that we needed the shots that day for an upcoming trip out of the country. Would not recommend this doctor.
I highly recommend Dr Schrager. He resolved my father's difficult case which involved an infection with antibiotic resistance. I can't say enough about his expertise, dilligence, and excellent communication skills/bedside manner - all of which were so crucial in finding an effective antibiotic treatment, in facilitating the hospital team and communicating with my father and me so that we were informed of the daily changes in my father's medications and reasoning behind those changes.
Dr. Schrager is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Harry M Schrager accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNwh Infectious Diseases, 2000 Washington St Ste 401, Newton Lower Falls, MA
Dr. Harry M Schrager is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton Lower Falls, MA.