Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harry Schroeder Jr
Dr. Harry Schroeder Jr, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Genetics and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schroeder is affiliated with Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Uab Highlands and Uab Medical West. He speaks English.
Dr. Harry Schroeder Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Autoimmune Diseases
- IgA Deficiency
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Schroeder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Uab Medical West
University Of Alabama Hosp, Birmingham, Al
UAB Medical Center
32 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Harry Schroeder Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUAB Medicine, 1530 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Harry Schroeder Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.