Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harry J Silvis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I brought my mom who has Alzheimer. The office wait was OK but once in the room after the initial vitals signs where done the wait was entirely to long while dealing with these issues. I realize time is money and you have to have the patients ready for the doctor when he is ready for them but you have to be cognizant of patient with these problems and the strain on the caretaker with them
he seems to have his own set of heath problems and have questioned more then once how he wanted to do something not real happy with some of the things he did or did not do and his partner is horrible if u have to see her,,,would seriously rethink using this practice. myself i do not and will not use them my parents do and now i have to be my parents advocate and not at all happy with the care he gives them tryihng to talk them into switching
43 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Harry J Silvis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashington Internal Medicine Group, 997 N Main St, Washington, PA
Dr. Harry J Silvis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, PA.