Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harry P Sukumaran has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Harry P Sukumaran has the following 3 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Harry P Sukumaran has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Harry P Sukumaran is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Sukumaran is my father's doctor. My father has 2 stage 4 cancers and was in incredible pain before Dr. Sukumaran became his doctor. Unfortunately my dad hasn't been given much time but thanks to Dr. Sukumaran he has been given back a great deal of quality. Our family can't thank him enough for all he has done for our father and us. He is an amazing doctor and has gone WAY beyond the call of duty for my family.
Dr. Sukumaran is actually my father's doctor and he has been a blessing to him and our entire family. My father has 2 stage 4 cancers and was in excruciating pain. He was told about Dr. Sukumaran by his oncologist (Dr. Smith, also a fantastic U of M doctor). It has been 5 months since he has been in pain. He now has a pain pump and thanks to Dr. Sukumaran's care he isn't suffering daily. I can't say enough about him. I feel he has a great bedside manner, is very patient, personable and really cares. I don't think my dad would still be fighting his cancer if it weren't for these wonderful doctors!
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPain Management, 1420 Stephenson Hwy, Troy, MI
Dr. Harry P Sukumaran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, MI.