Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harsh V Duphare
Dr. Harsh V Duphare, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Orange, FL, with other offices in Tavares, FL and Tavares, FL (and 2 other locations). His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Duphare is affiliated with Florida Hospital Waterman. Dr. Duphare has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harsh V Duphare has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 11
The doctor and actual procedure was fine it was the insurance billing, that we can still not get straightened out. My husband and I both have two different policies and they have managed to bill both wrong and though we have emailed and called, neither of us can get a response. I have never had this issue, even called the main office and they told me they were sorry this seems to be a common complaint and they would ask them to call us back. It has been a week...no response to emails and voice mails and complaint. WIll NEVER GO HERE AGAIN NOT WORTH IT
Dr Duphare was pretty good with the introduction part but does not spend enough time to see and explain what is exactly wrong. He did not give me enough information to make me feel comfortable that I wasted so much time to see a GI specialist. After the test that was performed, the office did not call me with the results for 10 days inspite of calling them for it for atleast 2 times.
Generally uncoordinated staff. Be prepared to do a lot of the follow up yourself. I got to my appointment and was asked to come back a few hours later. When I got there later, I waited 45 minutes to see the doctor. I will be going to another office which is unfortunate since Dr. Duphare seems like a good doctor.
I like Dr. Duphare. He is friendly, attentive, personable, and overall has a great bedside manner. He was patient and thorough, and I felt that he was understanding and sympathetic about the pain I was going through. I've been to several different GI doctors over the years, but I'll stick with Dr. Duphare.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Duphare is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Harsh V Duphare accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Harsh V Duphare is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Orange, FL.