Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harsha P Jayatilake has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alternative Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Holistic Health
- Family Planning
- Imagery (Psychotherapy)
- Weight Loss
- Ayurvedic Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My experience with Dr. Harsha was Completely Unprofessional and I left the St. Joseph Mercy Urgent Care feeling agitated by his horrible bedside manner. I have nothing to say other than his tone with me was un called for and extremely rude. Because I suggested a medication I was told that I needed to show him some respect because he is the doctor not me. Well excuse me Harsha I am the patient paying out of my pocket, over $200.00, to see a Dr. So I can get medication to help me feel better. He prescribed me what he thought would make me feel better and here I am 2 weeks later and almost $300.00 in the hole and I am still just as sick as I was the day I visited his office. Thank you for nothing but basically stealing from me. And for accusing me of being a pill seeker. If you don't know how to write a prescription that will work then you shouldn't be writing one at all. The least you could have done is make me comfortable. You may have a medical degree but the reality is you, like many doctors, don't know much about any of the medications you prescribe .
Dr. Harsha Jayatilake is more than a common physician. He has a healing manner combined with his MD and is a great example of how other physicians should be. He is knowledgeable, caring and takes the whole human being into account. His diagnoses are remarkably sensitive and accurate. What more can I say but, he is the best!
Dr. Jayatilake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University
Dr. Harsha P Jayatilake accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Mercy Oakland Urgent Care, 2110 E Maple Rd, Birmingham, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harsha P Jayatilake in this video.
Dr. Harsha P Jayatilake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, MI.