Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hartwig Bunzendahl
Dr. Hartwig Bunzendahl, MD, PHD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Chapel Hill, NC, with another office in Chapel Hill, NC. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Trauma Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Bunzendahl is affiliated with University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill and University of North Carolina Hospitals. He speaks English.
Dr. Hartwig Bunzendahl has the following 2 specialties
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Hartwig Bunzendahl has the following 2 expertise
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Bunzendahl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina Hospitals
39 Years Experience
Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Hartwig Bunzendahl accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hartwig Bunzendahl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.