Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Harvey L Azarva has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Harvey L Azarva has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Harvey L Azarva is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harvey L Azarva - Posted on June 8th, 2016
Dr. Azarva has been my primary care physician for over a decade now, and I am very still satisfied with him. He not only is accurate with is diagnosis, but cares too! And I love, love, and love, the promptness of appointments, waiting time, and services. Also, my critical husband likes him too -- Such a Plus!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harvey L Azarva - Posted on May 24th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Harvey L Azarva - Posted on April 2nd, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Azarva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Harvey L Azarva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Harvey L Azarva
Accessible by public transportation. Wheelchair accessible. Weekday office hours.
Locations & DirectionsMELROSE MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, 921 W Cheltenham Ave, Elkins Park, PA
Dr. Harvey L Azarva is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elkins Park, PA.