Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harvey Caplan has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Harvey Caplan has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 4 of 4
I saw Dr. Caplan over a year and a half, while I lived in S.F. He was the nicest, wisest, most gentle soul I ever met in that city, and just today, when I found out that he'd died, as I haven't spoken with him since early 2012, I realized that I should've called him earlier, and didn't realize that he would pass so soon after I left S.F. My promise is to one day visit his grave, and put beautiful flowers there, in his honor. He's the best man/father-figure, that I've ever had in my life. We all miss you so deeply, Dr. Caplan, and hope that your family is doing well too. We love you still, and hope to meet you as well, in that supposed Heaven, so we can speak again, and learn more from your angelic wisdom. With deepest love, and best hopes for Dr. Caplan's family... Mr. J. McKeever
48 Years Experience
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1968 Green St, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Harvey Caplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.