Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harvey S Kleiner
Dr. Harvey S Kleiner, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Kleiner is affiliated with Coral Springs Medical Center and Florida Medical Center. Dr. Kleiner has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Harvey S Kleiner has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 35
I have been seeing Dr. Keliner and his PA's for many years and there is no one like him. I know if there is a wait in the waiting room, that I am still going to get the same amount of patient time with him. To my family and myself he is always worth the wait. I've moved close to 45 minutes away and still go to Dr. Kleiner. I'd rather the drive than have to change, and I think he is worth it. When my kids were younger, he always gave them attention and explained on a kid level what was wrong, why it's wrong, how it's fixed, etc. He still gives that kind of detail to all of us, but on an adult level and if we don't understand he will break it down again. We never leave not knowing something knew.
I went to him several times and he was extremely impatient with me telling him all of my ailments. I have many, and they are real. On my 3rd visit, he literally stopped me from talking, folded his arms and said sarcastically, "Ok, why don't I just stand here and you can tell me all of your problems". Uh, ... yes,... you are a doctor. You are SUPPOSED to hear my problems and try to help me, and not make me feel like an annoyance to you. Will not go back to this clown again.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kleiner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Harvey S Kleiner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKleiner & Fernandez Mds, 8890 W Oakland Park Blvd Ste 100, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dr. Harvey S Kleiner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.