Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Harvey H Serota
Dr. Harvey H Serota, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with other offices in Granite City, IL and Bridgeton, MO . He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Serota is affiliated with Christian Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Harvey H Serota has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I was a new patient of Dr. Serota's while my Cardiologist was out of town. He was very rude to me. He never even said, "hello" to me. He talked on the phone to his daughter, setting up a spa date (through his own admission) for her for half of my visit. He's not cordial, personable, courteous, kind-hearted or sympathetic, all the characteristics and qualities that a good doctor should have. He's a heart doctor WITH NO HEART! He totally lacks bedside manner and rushed through my visit even though he was late but then again I could be the wrong ethnicity or color for him as he greeted and even smiled at his Caucasian patients and colleagues on my way out. He's a racist jerk and he deserves a '0' on this scale. The reality of this situation is that many doctors in St. Louis, MO. are like him and it's really sad and demeaning. If you are a person of color, please save yourself the trip to his office and your insurance as you won't be treated properly at all.
Dr, Serota performed a angiogram on me at the Depaul hospital Cath Lab. He put me at ease performed the procedure painlessly and described during the procedure and show me on the monitor exactly what he was doing. I would highly recommend Dr Serota and St Louis Vascular for any heart related issues.
Can't say enough about this professional.
Dr. Serota is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Harvey H Serota accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Harvey H Serota in this video.
Dr. Harvey H Serota is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.