Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harvinder S Sahni has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Sahni came in at 5:30 am on memorial day to do my endoscopy. He had a super funny bed side manner. He was very comforting. After the procedure he was very clear and detailed about my condition. He sent my prescription immediately to my pharmacy. I made a follow up apt and the apt availability was wonderful. Now...I had a biopsy done and they never called me with results. He told me at my follow up apt (one month later). The office staff has major attitude and acts like you are bothering them. I have been on permanent disability and on medicare since 2001 but the nurse was very adamant that anyone under 65 doesn't have medicare they have Medicaid. she said show me your card I bet it isn't red, white and blue. I had to prove it to her. She was very disrespectful and didn't even acknowledge she was wrong or apologize for doubting me. Dr. Sahni may not spend a great deal of time with you in the appointment but he doesn't have to...he is clear and precise with his information (asking how you're doing and giving individual medical advise.) I would recommend anyone looking for a G.I doctor to Dr. Sahni. But he should consider revamping his staff.
I love the SAHNI HE HAS BEEN SUPER SWEET AND CARING WITH MY MEDICAL ISSUES . He's very professional has great bedside manner .shame on all of u for saying such hateful things about this man he has saved my life and I'm greatful I would recommend him to anyone .. I've had many POS RUDE DOCTORS AND HE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO That he smiled and told me what was going on and said it in a way I would understand . Ur truly amazing dr .S gastrointestinal dr at Orange coast memorial
He was the worse Doctor I have ever gone to and the main nurse also plays with your emotions, said my tests were negative, when I was still positive. Never took blood pressure, weighed me, was usually in the room for 2 minutes and I am not kidding! Did not give the results of my tests, had to get from my primary Doctor, who is the best! Would not recommend him to anyone, very cold!! A lady that came in, because of an emergency problem, was treated terrible!!
39 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Harvinder S Sahni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarvinder S Sahni Md Inc, 11180 Warner Ave Ste 265, Fountain Valley, CA
Dr. Harvinder S Sahni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fountain Valley, CA.