Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hasan Asif has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Hasan Asif has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Hasan Asif has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hasan Asif is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I shared with this man that I had a sore throat and lost much weight for a year. He arrogantly decided that my illness was completely psychosomatic and that this sore throat was all in my head. He suggested I stop trying to find a reason for this chronic sore throat and take antidepressants instead! Well Mr,. I won't even refer to you as Doctor, I'm so glad I didn't listen to you as I have finally been diagnosed with Eagle's syndrome and my elongated styloid process has been sticking into my throat the whole time causing this chronic pain and weight loss. Just because you have an MD after your name - sorry that doesn't make you GOD - stop assuming the patient who is searching for answers that may not be medically obvious is crazy!
Dr. Asif is very calm each time I visit. The first time going in, I thought I had depression and anxiety. It turned out that I not only had those two things, but they were also caused by ADHD. I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders upon hearing my diagnosis and he helped me right away. He is very relaxed and does not just ask questions; he goes over the brain activity that happens as a result of the disorder(s). I highly recommend him, especially for college-aged people. He is awesome!
Dr. Asif is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Medical College Of Virginia
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHasan Asif Md, 1 Stone Pl Ste 202, Bronxville, NY
Dr. Hasan Asif is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronxville, NY.