Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Hasan A Bit-Shawish
Dr. Hasan A Bit-Shawish, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johnstown, PA. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bit-Shawish is affiliated with Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Bit-Shawish has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Hasan A Bit-Shawish has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hasan A Bit-Shawish has the following 12 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Hasan A Bit-Shawish has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 9
Smartest doctor I have ever encountered. It was easy to get an appointment, he took his time explaining my diagnosis and treatment. He was very friendly and made me feel very welcomed in his office. This doctor is highly recommended to anyone who is seeking a Hematologist / Oncologist. Very accurate with his knowledge in medicine overall.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Bit-Shawish is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGoldblatt Pathology Associates, 1086 Franklin St Ste C201, Johnstown, PA
Dr. Hasan A Bit-Shawish is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnstown, PA.