Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hassan M Ebrahim has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Disorders
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 19
Initial consultation the doctor didn't have much faith in the results of the test to be performed stating it may take up to three different progressively more invasive procedures to get results. After the first procedure his office called and wanted to give me an appointment in 3 weeks - "Like I want to wait 3 weeks to find out if I have cancer?" I complained and moved the appointment up two weeks. The day of the appointment I receive a call the doctor has a "family emergency" and they schedule me for the original appointment date. Strange how the exact same day/time is still open. Now this may not have been planed but there are enough questions raised about Dr. Ebrahim and his staff for me to start questioning just what is going on and the concern he has for my treatment. I checked with my primary care physician and was inform of the biopsy results. As a first time cancer patient I need a doctor I will have faith in and his team. Calling another oncologist I was able to secure an appointment in two days.
He is very caring and easy to talk to about health problems. Ralph Tongel - Shelby, NC
I have been under Dr Ebrahim's care for the last year and a half. At first he thought that I might have a case of lukeimia. After two different treatments he found that my blodd platlets were very low. He put me on a course of Promacta and my levels increased very well. I have found him to be a very compassionate doctor and have met his family and think the very best of him. It is with deep regret that he told me that he was leaving. I wish he would stay but I wish him the best and know that whoever comes under his care will b treated with all the compassion and medical knowlege that he has.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
University Of Alexandria
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Hassan M Ebrahim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWinter Haven Hospital, 200 Avenue F NE, Winter Haven, FL
Dr. Hassan M Ebrahim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winter Haven, FL.