Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hatem A Asad has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Sleep Disorders
- Angiographic Visualization
Showing 5 of 19
He is very kind,understanding and compassionate Dr. He takes the time to explain things and you don't feel like your being rushed in and out . His staff went out of there way to help me get my medicine I needed after I was released from hospital. He has an excellent bedside manner and a sense of humor which most Dr's don't , most Dr.'s are like robots and you feel like your on an assembly line. Dr. Asad really cares about his patients.
I visited this office almost one week ago - even though the staff was nice and very polite, i must say the afterwords FAILS. Their customer service is terrible - they lost my lab and finally told me about it almost a week later then they lied and said they were in the process of getting authorization for a home sleep study - I called and was advised I could come Monday. Today is Monday and they have not sent off for authorization. So now I have to redo lab work and wait again and continue to wait for other services. Just because you are polite does not exempt you from doing what you claim to be - A PROVIDER.
Never had a more caring doctor and staff. I have had pneumonia and I really think he saved my life. I am still going to him 6 years later with my usual sinus infections etc. and he always seems to get to the root of the problem not just gets me well right then. Thank you so much for what you have done for me.
Dr. Asad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Josephs Hospital
Dr. Hatem A Asad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Associates, 105 Briarcliff Rd Ste B, Warner Robins, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hatem A Asad in this video.
Dr. Hatem A Asad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warner Robins, GA.