Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hau C Kwaan has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hemorrhagic Disorders (Bleeding Disorders)
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome
- Blood Disorders
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Blood Transfusion
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Metastatic Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Hemolytic Anemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Dr. Kwaan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
66 Years Experience
University Of Hong Kong
Graduated in 1952
Cabrini Medical Center
Dr. Hau C Kwaan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hau C Kwaan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.