Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Heath S Cook has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Heath S Cook has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Heath S Cook has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Cook may seem to be a bit standoffish, however, he is listening to you. I am impressed with how he handles my ailments and he allows for my odd behavior (I'm a penny pincher and he does not require me to do all the standard test if I feel they are not needed) IF YOU HAVE ANY BONE OR MUSCLE PROBLEMS -- HE SHOULD BE YOUR DEFINITE FIRST CHOICE!! though I see him for other things as well. His staff is very friendly. The lady who takes payments, while not the warmest of his staff, is efficient.
He is absolutely a great doctor & a caring one at that me & the rest of my family see him...He cares for you as a person not just another check in hes pocket... I'm very glad to call him my regular doctor! I would advise anyone to see him if you want a doctor who really cares for what you have to say & cares to see that you get what you to get all better!
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
12 Years Experience
Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJenkins Family Clinic, 853 Lakeside Dr, Jenkins, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Heath S Cook, DO - Family Medicine in Jenkins, KY, in this video.
Dr. Heath S Cook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jenkins, KY.