Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Heath R Meattey MD
Dr. Heath R Meattey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hampton, NH, with another office in Stratham, NH. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Heath R Meattey has 2 locations
881 Lafayette Rd Ste E
Hampton, NH 03842
Dr. Heath R Meattey has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Heath R Meattey has the following 14 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Cancer
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 15
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heath R Meattey - Posted on October 3rd, 2018
Just a bad Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heath R Meattey - Posted on February 25th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heath R Meattey - Posted on July 27th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heath R Meattey - Posted on January 7th, 2016
15 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Heath R Meattey Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Heath R Meattey
Heath R. Meattey, MD is a board certified Endocrinologist. He received his medical training at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency Program at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. He then completed his fellowhip training in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School in Providence, RI. Dr. Meattey’s clinical approach is largely focused on nurturing therapeutic relationships with patients. He has broad experience in diagnosing and treating endocrine disorders including diabetes, thyroid cancer, and pituitary disease. He has a special interest in diagnostic thyroid ultrasound and thyroid biopsy, and offers complete services for the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid dysfunction and thyroid nodules within the practice. In his leisure time, Dr. Meattey enjoys spending time with his family, Cajun cooking, writing poetry, and making craft cider. Dr. Meattey is affiliated with Parkland Medical Center. He welcomes new patients to his office located in the Nutfield Professional Building at 44 Birch Street, Suite 200, Derry, NH.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Heath R Meattey, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Hampton, NH, in this video.
Dr. Heath R Meattey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hampton, NH.