Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heather A Lewis has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Heather A Lewis has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Heather A Lewis has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Heather A Lewis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I loved Dr. Lewis and would go to her again in a heartbeat if I find myself pregnant again! My entire pregnancy was a breeze. She told us our due date would be Feb. 21st and she was exactly right then she told us our baby would be 8lbs and again she was exactly right. Dr. Lewis bedside manners were amazing and she always made me feel comfortable. She always reassured me that I was doing well . I loved the fact that she trys to let her patients go natural and no induce. I think she could see the disappointed look on my face when she told me the possibility of going two weeks over my due date she then gave me the option to have my membranes swept and 24hrs later I was in labor.
I picked Dr. Lewis at random because I needed to seek help for menorrhagia and to obtain a GYN physician. I was very pleased with the outcome of my choice. Dr. Lewis was an advocate in my healthcare and really took the time to listen to my issues/needs. She ordered the appropriate test for my problems and I was diagnosed efficiently. The staff was also very helpful and friendly. I can't say enough good things. I'm very pleased! THANK YOU Dr. Lewis. :)
I would not recommend Dr. Lewis. She was very short at every appointment. She told me your placenta is in the front but will discuss it further at your next appointment. I went a month only to find out I had worried for nothing and she was wrong. Then when I was 37 weeks I started having bad pain in my back and side so I and went to the hospital, she told me to take Tylenol and get an appt to come in and see her. At my next appt that was already scheduled, she informed me that she did not induce first time mothers she likes to let them go natural. Then after that her office manger contacted me and said if Dr. Lewis was not working for me it would probably best to switch to another Doctor in the office, when I did she could not get me until 1 week after my due date which meant I missed my last 2 appts plus another week. The day of my last appt that Doctor sent me straight to the Hospital to be induced and said she would have induced me 4 weeks prior if she would have been the Doctor. This was my first child and a horrible experience.
14 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Heather A Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Louisville HMOx
- Humana Preferred PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates Southern Indiana, 1919 State St Ste 340, New Albany, IN
Dr. Heather A Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Albany, IN.