Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heather D Barnes has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Wrist Injury
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Family Planning
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Smoking Cessation
- Mood Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Male Circumcision
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
One of the most important things to me, when you see a doctor, is being made to feel welcome and important. A lot of doctor's offices try to rush you in and rush you out and make you feel as though your ailment is every day business. I understand doctor's see the same illnesses day in and day out, but patients don't think that way. It is not second nature to a patient that is ill. Although doctor's see many patients each day, I believe each patient needs to feel like they are the ONLY patient when it is that patient's appointment time. I have been seeing Dr. Barnes for years and every time I leave her office, I feel as though I've received the time and attention that I deserve. Even when I have to wait past my appointment time, it does not bother me, because I know I will receive my time with her and not feel rushed. Her nurses and staff are also very amazing. It is never fun to have to go to the doctor, but it definitely makes the experience better when the doctor and the staff make you feel invited and make you feel like you are just as important as the last patient.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Barnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Heather D Barnes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsIntegris Family Clinic, 1205 Health Center Pkwy Ste 100, Yukon, OK
Dr. Heather D Barnes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yukon, OK.