Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heather J Burgin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Heather J Burgin has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Heather J Burgin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
i was finally able to switch my doctor over after having a different care plan to Dr. Burgin. She is very caring sweet and knowledgeable. I suffer from chronic pain and finally having someone do more for me other then tell me to take more ibuprofen was very nice. Yes, she is a very busy doctor and only works Monday-Wednesday but I have never had her make me feel "rushed" and she is always willing to talk about anything going on. When she does my pap I usually leave my socks on as a comfort thing and she will remove them to check my toe nails any swelling etc. People don't do caring things like that unless they are caring people. I also go into my appointments knowing I will have. Wait until I see her (she has quite a few older patients and they have "forgotten" which day their appointment was and she still works them in) go knowing there will be a wait, bring a book a game something. I also try to have my questions written down so I don't forget what I wanted to discuss and again she has never rushed me and always apologizes for the wait.
I can't believe I have stayed with Dr. Burgin this long but am changing shortly. She rushes through appointments that are 10 minutes or less not giving you her full attention and refusing to address more than one or two symptoms. At check in you're given a form to fill in if you want to discuss more than your appointment was made for and Dr. Burgin always says make another appointment which is 2 months down the road. This led to a 2 year ordeal that has been horribly costly financially and medically. I now have lost half of my hair and have other horrible problems due to a low iron level and thyroid problems because she didn't connect the dots. Dr. Burgin needs to spend more time with her patients and look at past complaints, as well as truly listen to her patients. I had the pleasure of having to go to the Salem Clinic Urgent Care recently because I didn't want to see her about what I thought was a sinus infection. The quality of care I rec eived from the doctor there was out of this world. Dr. Pederson is a family practice dr. from the clinic who was filling in. While threating me he noted things that were going on I didn't even complain about and had concerns regarding these, then ordered labs - about the hair loss he saw! He even was caring enough about my not having insurance that he sent the nurse for samples of medication for my sinus infection. Dr. Burgin has never given me a sample, spent enough time or provided the care I pay $190 for 10 minutes of her time.
Dr. Burgin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Heather J Burgin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Heather J Burgin in this video.
Dr. Heather J Burgin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, OR.