Dr. Heather Diskin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Heather Diskin?

Posted on March 28th, 2016

I can't say enough about how incredible Dr. Diskin is. We won't move from our town because I can't imagine my child being as loved and as cared for as she is with Dr. Diskin. She is as smart as she is thorough. She cares for the overall health of my child- mental, social, emotional, and physical.

Incredibly thankful

Posted on April 9th, 2014

Dr. Diskin is a warm, compassionate person and an excellent doctor. She is literally "there" whenever we need her - via phone or office visit. We are so fortunate to have found her... everyone in her office is great!

Fabulous Pediatrician

Posted on July 22nd, 2013

As the mother of three boys, Dr. Diskin has been there with me every step of the way from breastfeeding support to major surgeries. She is both compassionate and knowledgeable. I cannot recommend her enough.

Very caring

Posted on March 20th, 2013

I have three children under the age of five. Our youngest son had some health problems that led to an early hospitalization at two weeks old. Dr. Diskin came to the hospital every morning and met with us, sometimes as early as 7am before her regular day began. She called us on her way home from the office to touch base about our son's test results. We felt that she really cared about him and about our entire family. Also the nurse at this practice, Lee, is wonderful. Her advice has helped me so much. When my newborn was waking up every hour at night to eat, she talked to me for over thirty minutes on the phone and gave me actual strategies that helped us get a little more sleep. I have to say, I am surprised to read the review by the mother of the uncircumcised baby saying Dr. Diskin retracted her baby's foreskin. My baby is uncircumcised as well, and when I asked Dr. Diskin for advise about how to clean him, she told me to not touch the foreskin. She never retracted it during any office visits. Also, I had a negative experience at the Newton Wellesley Emergency Room where a nurse forcefully retracted his foreskin. I told Dr. Diskin about my experience and she wrote a letter to the ER staff about it, so I doubt that she would do that to one of her own patients.

Great Doctor!

Posted on August 25th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Diskin last summer by my sister-in-law and have been very pleased! Dr. Diskin called us after hours several times the first couple weeks after our daughter was born to check in & see how she was doing (after being treated for jaundice.) I nursed my baby for a year and Dr. Diskin was always supportive. We have never had an issue getting an appointment and the most we have ever had to wait is 5 minutes. The office is so organized and efficient-- I needed some paperwork filled out by the doctor last week and it was ready for me 24 hours later. We've been very happy with Dr. Diskin and the whole office/practice.

Dr. Diskin is wonderful!

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

From the first day my daughter was born, when Dr. Diskin made a home visit, from the time she called from a Christmas party to respond to our new parent concerns, to every other concern that we had with our child, Dr. Diskin has been there! It has been quite remarkable how much Dr Diskin has been able to give me and my husband about our daughter's health and goes above and beyond her call of duty!In particular reference to the last post about breastfeeding, I have to say that that seems very hard to believe. I had a tough time breastfeeding and Dr. Diskin was the most reassuring person, making me feel so much better about myself, and meeting my daughter's needs. I continue to breastfeed her and she is 20 months old. I could not have done this without Dr. Diskin's support.Not only do I recommend Dr. Diskin to you on this website, I have recommended her to my brother, my colleague and many other friends! She is a superior caregiver and is a great diagnostician as well!

She doesn't understand breasfeeding

Posted on June 19th, 2012

Maybe others have had better luck with Dr. Diskin, but I found that she knows very little about breastfed babies. She had me very stressed as a first time mom. I also found that she didn't really listen to my concerns, was quick to overdiagnose, and was very rude and aggressive. Switching pediatricians was the best decision I've made for my child.

Posted on November 29th, 2011

First met Dr. Diskin when she was a resident at Newton Wellesley, we were delighted to find she joined Dr. McKenzie's practice. Dr. Diskin is a rare find!

Great Pediatrician!

Posted on August 15th, 2011

Dr. Diskin is a wonderful and caring doctor, I couldn't have chose a better pediatrician for my son when he was born. She is very thorough, patient, listens to parents and great with kids. I never have to wait more than 5 minutes after arriving at the office and she really takes her time during the appointment. Scheduling a visit is very easy and you can always get in the same day if your child is sick. The entire office staff is pleasant and always return calls.

Posted on July 22nd, 2016