Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Heather S Laird-Fick
Dr. Heather S Laird-Fick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Lansing, MI. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Laird-Fick is affiliated with St Marys Of Michigan Standish Hospital and Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Heather S Laird-Fick has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
I've been seeing Dr. Laird-Fick for the last 10 years. I suggest that all my friends/family see her because she is awesome. She has bedside manner that one rarely sees these days. Dr. Laird-Fick is able to explain my medical problems in terms I understand, and also shows empathy and understanding if I am fearful of what she is saying. She offers her time and "ear" if you want to talk -- each year she asks about what is new, what has changed or stayed the same...one time I was very upset about a conversation we had and she gave me a hug, it was right in the moment and made me realize what an awesome doctor she is. When she was unavailable, she gave me the name of another doctor in the facility. She has answered my numerous emails when freaking out about medication, with ease and reassurance that things were going to be okay. She really cares about her patients which makes her different from other doctors. Since this facility is a teaching part of the medical program at MSU, I would not suggest you see an intern/resident. They made me more fearful that I had some weird disease that no one had heard of, and they lacked bedside manner -- I hope they're learning from Dr. Larid-Fick, as I believe what makes her a great doctor is not only her knowledge in medicine, but also her ability to get on her patients level and be understanding.
A disturbed, psychotic, sick individual lacking insight. Unintelligent and unempathetic. Pathetic excuse for a human being.
Dr. Laird-Fick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Michigan State University
Dr. Heather S Laird-Fick accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichigan State University, 788 Service Rd Rm B301, East Lansing, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Heather S Laird-Fick in this video.
Dr. Heather S Laird-Fick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.