Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heather J Porter has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Heather Porter is an amazing doctor, I have been to many other doctors in the area and out of the area, I have to say she is one of my favs. When I leave her office I feel like I was heard, I feel like she listened and asks questions about my issues/concern till she understands what is going on. She has never made me feel like less of a person because she is the doctor and I am just a patient. I would highly recommend her to any family or friends looking for a new PCP. MY only issue is with the office staff at the front desk they are not the nicest or the friendliest. I always feel like I am bothering them when signing in which is a negative thing because the doctor is so amazing, however because of that I am willing to put up with the rudeness.
She may act concerned and listen yet she is clueless. She has no concept of reality. Everything is fluffed off and she nods her head and says "hmmm" while you are talking. Then looks on the internet on her phone while in the room with you. I have to actually as her for the tests I need and suggest possible issues as she has no concept of medicine.
She will socialize all day long with you,just do not expect an accurate diagnosis...or any diagnosis for that matter. She continually runs the same blood work over and over until you become a pin cushion. yet will not sign shun order for a mammogram??? In what century should a woman over 45 have to ask and ask for a mammogram?? Select another Doc unless you just want to socialize and give blood.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Heather J Porter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoseph J Conti Do Ltd, 480 N Kerrwood Dr Ste 102, Hermitage, PA
Dr. Heather J Porter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hermitage, PA.