Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heather S Derrick has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Heather S Derrick has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Heather S Derrick is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
She is wonderful! I was very nervous and she always took time to make me feel comfortable. She always alswered my questions and never made me feel rushed. She delivered my son, and I want her to deliver my next baby (whenever we get over our lack of sleep...). But I have sent several friends to her that she has taken care of and the love her too. She is the best doctor ever! I feel so lucky to have found her.
I saw Dr. Sloan for my prenatal visits. Big mistake! She needs more education and experience to be less greedy. Long story short, I had a pre-term baby with my first pregnancy, so I was concerned about having another pre-term baby. She knew that but still insist on scheduling a induction date regardless if I make it to full term. I made it to 38 weeks to her amazement, she couldn't believe that and stripped my membrane (didn't tell me until she had her hand in me and didn't explain the procedure either) and I went into early labor the next day. Luckily, I gave birth to a healthy baby and I made it fine without her delivering my baby.I was upset that she stripped my membrane knowing that I had told her day 1 that I would prefer to go full term if I can. She didn't show emotions or concerns and didn't listen to me at all. I hope she gets more education and experience. I do not recommend her. She is greedy, talks to fast, doesn't answer your questions (I don't expect her to know everything, but she can always say that she will find out or research). Good luck to all who sees her and I hope she changes and doesn't do this to anyone else. This can be scary if you are a first time mom!
Dr. Derrick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Heather S Derrick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCraig Ranch Ob/Gyn, 7900 Henneman Way Ste 100, McKinney, TX
Dr. Heather S Derrick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near McKinney, TX.