Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Heather M Stamat has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Heather M Stamat has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Heather M Stamat has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
my personal opinion & journey with Dr. Heather Stamat I went thru ER for fluid retention 2014 & was assigned to Dr. Stamat while in the hospital when I met her I was walking driving myself to all of my appts doing everyday chores taking trips enjoying life now I take 16 pills a day I went from walking without aid to using a walker now I am in a wheelchair & wearing depends & unable to meet my personal needs no quality of life she lost interest in my case after I agreed to an experimental drug program she presented to me which she did explain that if I complete the program I might not have to go on kidney dialysis I had to inject medications in my stomach daily I could not continue this procedure as my health started deteriorating downward spiral I endured multiple hospital admissions before the experimental procedure & afterward lasting 1-3 weeks she went from calling me weekly with instructions to go have blood drawn to not calling nor returning my calls I have lymphedema in my right arm which is 3x's normal size she never resolved this problem nor my stomach which was the size of 3 basketballs I now have a new Dr who have put me on kidney dialysis I would ask her about going on this treatment she would say "you don't want to go on dialysis.
Dr. Stamat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Ingham Regional Medical Center - Msucom
Dr. Heather M Stamat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Clair Internist, 45640 Schoenherr Rd, Utica, MI
Dr. Heather M Stamat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Utica, MI.