Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hector I Michelena
Dr. Hector I Michelena, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Michelena is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Health System - Albert Lea and Austin, Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato and Mayo Clinic Hospital Methodist Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Hector I Michelena has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hector I Michelena has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
Dr. Hector I Michelena has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Michelena is very compassionate in his care. I feel I can put complete trust in his care. He is so empathetic and puts you at ease immediately at first sight. Plus he knows what he is doing! Valvular disease is his specialty and he knows it well. Excellent doctor. I would never hesitate about his medical knowledge. He knows the management of valvula disease the best!
Dr. Michelena is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Universidad Central De Venezuela
Graduated in 1996
St Raphael Hospital
Dr. Hector I Michelena accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Hector I Michelena is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.