Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hector B Santana
Dr. Hector B Santana, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, NY. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Santana is affiliated with Community Campus at Upstate University Hospital, Upstate University Hospital and Crouse Hospital Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Hector B Santana has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Hector B Santana has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Hector B Santana has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
But his office staff leave a lot to be desired. They WILL NOT go out of their way to assist with insurances or prescriptions...unless THEY need to be paid. Their words: "We don't have the staff to deal with every insurance agancy out there." HUH? I asked, "So you're telling me you are understaffed?" Her reply, "Yes". I am currently looking for a new neurologist as I write this because his office is "understaffed". I don't need the extra stress and pressures of doing the work that EVERY other doctor's office does.
Dr. Santana is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1967
Suny Health Science Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHector B Santana Md, 520 Maple Dr, Fayetteville, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hector B Santana in this video.
Dr. Hector B Santana is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, NY.