Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heena M Contractor has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Heena M Contractor has the following 2 expertise
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Disease
Dr. Heena M Contractor has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Heena M Contractor is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Heena Contractor was the best Doctor I ever had. I no longer am able to see her due to Medi-cal change of insurance. I cried when I found out I wouldn't be able to keep her as my dr. She's great, she listens and takes her time w/her patience. The drs she refers u to for other testing are amazing too. I would highly recommend her. Never in all my 55 yrs have I ever met a Dr as wonderful as her. Dr Jack Rubin is just as great. I can't say enough nice great thing s about. Dr. Heena Contractor. I miss her greatly. And I can't forget the nurses and staff...amazing and wonderful & so caring. I miss you girls too!
My brother has ALS he has seen many doctors, due to an emergency over 3 years ago we met Dr. Contractor, her knowledge & concern for my brother was unbelivable & to this day still is. The care Dr. C gives to her patients also helps the family cope with the patient's illness. Dr. Contractor is also my doctor & my mother's (who had open heart surgery 3 years ago) thanks to Dr. Contractor my mother's life was saved due to her urgent diagnoses (and is doing great today @ 82 years old). Because of Doctor Contractor my family is doing the best we have in a long time. We are also thankful to the staff at Los Alamitos Hospital for the care of my brother & mother.
This doctor allowed the nurses to over sedate my father during a simple procedure which caused my father to go into respiratory distress and flat line. Then he was put on life support (clinging to life!)and Dr. Contractor and Los Alamitos wouldnt tell us what happened.....Dr. Contractor and Los Alamitos Hospital are horrible to say the least. Beware stay AWAY from the Dr. Contractor and Los Al hospital.
Dr. Contractor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Drexel University/Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Heena M Contractor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedicine And Nephrology Associates, 10941 Bloomfield St Ste A, Los Alamitos, CA
Dr. Heena M Contractor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Alamitos, CA.