Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Heidi H Buckingham
Dr. Heidi H Buckingham, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakwood, OH. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Buckingham is affiliated with Miami Valley Hospital. Dr. Buckingham has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Heidi H Buckingham has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Heidi H Buckingham has the following 12 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
Dr. Heidi H Buckingham has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 16
The Bull Family Diabetes Center in Dayton Ohio Physician (Heidi Buckingham) refuses to treat me while accepting new patients after I tried to reschedule my appointment after waiting a month to see this doctor and was very disappointed that she refuse to provide me Diabetes care and she doesn't care about the reason why I need to reschedule. I am in receipt of their cancellation policy but nothing is said that this Physician can pick who she wants to treat. If this great state of Ohio that I live in condones that a Physician can do this to the general public please let me know. Also be aware that you need to arrive (if this is your first time) 30 minutes early and disregard the phone call telling you to arrive 15 minutes.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Buckingham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1998
United States Air Force Base Hospital
Dr. Heidi H Buckingham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
Locations & DirectionsBULL FAMILY DIABETES CENTER, 400 Sugar Camp Cir Ste 205, Oakwood, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Heidi H Buckingham, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Oakwood, OH, in this video.
Dr. Heidi H Buckingham is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Oakwood, OH.