Is Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist the right Doctor for you?
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist has 2 locations
345 Saxony Rd Ste 201
Encinitas, CA 92024
345 Saxony Rd Ste 201
Encinitas, CA 92024
Book Online Now
Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist - Posted on March 21st, 2013
My Daughter is afraid of Doctors. She was not intimidated by Dr. Heidi by the end of the vist. She got down to het level and answered not only my questions but her questions as well. It was so nice to finally find a Doctor who understands her pain with Acne. She was so Honest... This is a Doctor who love her job, staff and patients. Her staff was even friendly and compassionate. If Parent need a recommendation for their kids to see a Doctor this one I would Recommend! My daughter said she saw the light at the end of the tunnel with her Acne. Her staff follows up even after seeing the Doctor to see how she was doing.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist
I grew up in southeastern Louisiana and pursued the majority of my medical training in New Orleans. I first visited the Pacific Northwest in 2001 and fell in love with this tranquil region: the coast, the mountains, the gardens, the mellow character of the culture, and yes, the climate. After graduating from my fellowship in Virginia, I chose to move to Oregon and make this state my new home. I consider it a privilege to live, work, and play mindfully in this beautiful place. About my practice I have been a member of the Department of Dermatology at Kaiser Permanente since 2010. I consider myself a consultant, and I aim to provide accurate and balanced information about treatment options for diseases of the skin, hair, and nails so that my patients may make educated decisions. I also perform surgery of the skin and nails. I am a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and a member of the American Society of Dermatopathology. I see patients of all ages, from infants to octogenarians.How I thrive I thrive on running in the rain, practicing yoga, vegetarian cooking, and container gardening. I enjoy walks with Moses, my poodle, while wearing sunscreen, of course! I engage in creating authentic connections in my community with neighbors and friends. Through my church, I work with high-school-aged youth in various service-oriented and fun activities. At the end of the day, I enjoy a quality opera recording and a glass of Willamette Valley pinot noir. I believe in living each day with intention.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist, MD - Dermatology in Encinitas, CA, in this video.
Dr. Heidi M Gilchrist is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.