Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Heidi J Rayala has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Heidi J Rayala has the following 8 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
Dr. Heidi J Rayala has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Heidi J Rayala is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I was referred to Dr. Rayala, by my primary care doctor when my PSA numbers went up. No one likes to find that they have a condition that will require biopsies, and perhaps even surgery. Anxiety and fear of the unknown accompanied me to our first meeting. Dr Rayala explained how things work down there (what psa #'s mean, how procedures go etc), so I left in better spirits than when I went in. Now after 4 years I can say that she is a kind, compassionate physician as well as a highly skilled one.
Dr Rayala was a fellow at Memorial Sloan Kettering under Dr. Bertram Guillinau ( the inventor for the procedure of laproscopic surgery on the prostrate).Dr Rayala was very informative and helpful while I was at sloan--She is a professional in the true sense and I would say to be in her care is to be with one of the best in her specialty.
14 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Heidi J Rayala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Southside Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCambridge Hospital, 1493 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA
Dr. Heidi J Rayala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.