Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Heidi J Roppelt has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Heidi J Roppelt has the following 12 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Women's Health
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Heidi J Roppelt is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Worse bedside manner and Inability to listen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heidi J Roppelt - Posted on March 7th, 2017
This doctor is not thorough. She uses "doctors in training" to do her job, consulting with them behind close doors, rather than with the patient. She forms her opinion, delivers it and does not want to be challenged by the patients health history or other physicians opinions. Interesting way to practice medicine.
Great experience! considering situation
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heidi J Roppelt - Posted on August 10th, 2016
What are horrible bedside manner!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heidi J Roppelt - Posted on January 16th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heidi J Roppelt - Posted on November 1st, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Heidi J Roppelt - Posted on August 12th, 2013
Dr. Roppelt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Heidi J Roppelt accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Heidi J Roppelt
- This physician is a full-time faculty member at Stony Brook, where she/he treats patients and is involved with medical education and leading-edge research.
Locations & DirectionsHEIDI ROPPELT MD, 147 Beach Rd Ste D, Westhampton Beach, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Heidi J Roppelt, MD - Rheumatology in Westhampton Beach, NY, in this video.
Dr. Heidi J Roppelt is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Westhampton Beach, NY.