Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Helen K Abramowicz has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Helen K Abramowicz has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Helen K Abramowicz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 5
I have been seeing Dr.Abramowicz for almost 2 years now. My depression was so severe that both my family and work were suffering. Dr. Abramowicz listened to my concerns with genuine understanding. She gave me honest and helpful information for treatment so that I could learn to deal with my issues. Her advice and guidance helped change my life around in a very positive way. I have learned to relax and am now moving forward in my life and enjoying my family. I highly recommend this doctor.
I saw Dr. A. 15 years ago for a deeply troubling personal situation involving my teenage daughter. I found her to be extremely wise, knowledgeable and compassionate. She grasped the situation with great sensitivity, and offered very sound advice which helped me immeasurably. Since then, I have referred many friends and family members to her, and they have always thanked me for sending them to such a wise and caring doctor. I would recommend her without reservation to anyone.
As a veterinarian in training , I pray I never cause as much damage to a patient as Dr. Abmramowicz did to me. I saw her many years ago as an older adolescent. Her misjudgment and lack of common sense were quite shocking in restrospect so I just warn you to be very careful if you have a child who needs help. Don't make the same mistake my parents did. Don't be so quick to trust "experts" like this, whether or not they're on lists of top doctors and what not. Keep your eyes open. This woman misdiagnosed me, used extremely inappropriate and dangerous medication (Haldol, while I had nothing resembling psychosis of any sort), and was otherwise wildly irresponsible and careless with major treatment decisions, which I am truly lucky to have recovered from (most significantly, an unnecessary, damaging and stigmatizing hospitalization based on her misdiagnosis). I remember that she couldn't understand how I could walk down the street on a sunny day and feel depressed. In my opinion, a clinician who is this clueless about depression has no business being in the mental health profession. Thank god I was able to find people later on who were able to help me appropriately. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I suppose.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHelen Kaufman Abramowicz MD, 19 Locust Ave, Larchmont, NY
Helen K Abramowicz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Larchmont, NY.